I’m proud how we come together as a nation in times of crisis, but I realized that I actually see that spirit here day in and day in this Cabinet. I listen to Ed Sheeran a lot one song that I particularly like has a line that I thought had said “Human beings are destined to radiate or drain”; it made me think you all were the radiators. The real line is “Human beings are destined to radiate or dream.” I had to change my thinking a bit, but it actually makes even more sense. I think we dream of what we want, put it into action and radiate it out. You all Live United all the time, and this is how I see you doing that.
- Brande – through her faithful role behind the scenes in many years as Campaign Leader
- Rebecca – through her passion in mentoring youth
- Nick and Tim – through the countless boards you have served on through the years
- Cassie – through her consistent donations to Teresa McCormick Center of children’s items and dedicated work on the Medford Food Project
- Jolie and Frank – through the tears that come when you are moved by this work or the hardships of others
- Chris – through your smile, grit and determination in conquering the things that life has thrown at you
- Trish- through your enthusiasm and passion in making sure your special clienteles’ needs are met
- Lisa – through being “that volunteer” that always shows up whatever the task
- Erin – through her continually watching for the family she glimpsed one day that needs help
- Marsha – through her willfulness in getting back to the campaign that she so believes in
- Deelia – through insisting that the Big Idea include Cave Junction
- Sharilyn – through her cheerful persistence when tackling hard accounts
- Troy – through your service to country, and your fierce participation in your Rotary
- Dee Anne – through all the crazy ideas that you have implemented that actually work, and the Piped Piper that you are in bringing all of us, and countless members of the community, along in the work that you dream.
I heard of a new meme this morning: JOMO – joy of missing out versus FOMO, the fear of missing out, and it hit me that joy comes to people in many different forms.
To me, Living United is living with joy, or JOLU – Joy of Living United. How’s that for a fancy new meme for this campaign? #JOLU
Becky Snyder, Executive Director, Community Volunteer Network
Throughout my career I’ve been involved in several local service organizations. However, United Way is where I decided to call home. What drives my passion to serve with United Way of Jackson County? It’s the amazing team of individuals who come together as a cohesive group, all having the same drive and determination to impact the community in a significant way.
After having been involved with United Way for more than 20 years, I am still moved every week. During the campaign, we have the opportunity to hear from organizations United Way supports. It’s not just that we are learning about supported programs, but we meet and hear from passionate, motivated people who are positively impacted by our work and donations. We hear stories of individual and family hardships and how each was able to turn their lives around as a result of United Way support. This gives me such pride in our organization and motivates me to want to continue to Live United.
When invited to be the 2018 Campaign Chair, I felt incredibly privileged. What an honor to be trusted with overseeing such a critical task. It will take a team. I invite you to join the lineup and come help us hit a home run! Go team United Way!Brande Cowden
227 campaigns are planned and every one is started by a volunteer delivering supplies.
- Deliveries have begun! 28%
Number of Campaign deliveries so far
Campaigns are rolling! Go Campaign Leaders and Employee Campaign Coordinators!
- Campaigns kicked off! 28%
Number of Campaigns kicked off
The dollar goal is $1.278 million with a 20% pacesetter target to reach by the time campaign officially kicks off on September 15.
- Moving on the goal! 27.0%
Volunteers working with the United Way Campaign can download campaign print collateral and pledge forms here.
Check with Troy 541-773-5339, your Division Chair or Campaign Leader for your password for this section.